Monday, March 18, 2013

And The Fun Continues

So Saturdays show ended up being a bit of a train wreck for us. The day started with a 10 hour shift at work, from where I hauled ass to get home, change, eat, and make my way to The Monkey Bar. I was feeling really tired before the show, but thought it was because of the 10 hour shift. I had one beer when I got to The Monkey Bar, and switched to soda right away because I needed something to wake my ass up. When it came time to set up I started feeling weird. As we were playing, my stomach started to knot up, and I had this pain shooting through my back. I wasn't able to move as much as usual during our set, I stopped doing my backup vocals, and when we got to "That's the Life", I told Mike "Let's skip it, or I'm going to throw up all over the mic." 2 songs later, I told Mike I can't go on, then ran out the back door of the stage which goes outside, and I threw up. A lot.

I went back in, packed up my stuff, got it into the car, and the wife brought me home where I went to the bathroom, and laid in bed shivering for the next 2 hours. I remember thinking I was part of some social experiment, and convinced I wasn't sick while I was sleeping. Until 5:00 last night, I only got up for the occasional trips to the bathroom, and until this morning had only consumer some 7-Up. What we figure is I either had some kind of flu, or food poisoning.

Apparently, after I left, everyone was convinced I was just that drunk. Not the case. I never get drunk before a show. Renee who is the soundchic at The Monkey Bar was even telling people "He never gets drunk before a show". Generally, I never get drunk until my equipment is back at the practice space, and I know I don't have to drive anymore.

So sorry for the shortened set, and I'm REALLY sorry for throwing up out in the lawn at The Monkey Bar. We're really batting a thousand there, last time we played there, a table got broken, this time the bass player throws up. At least the crowd was decent.

Thanks to all for coming, and we'll see you again in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment